The Kolkata Centre of Mata Amritanandamayi Math, was started in November 2004. It is located on beautiful plot of 5 acres near Taratola Road at Sarkar Pool on Budge Budge Road (5 minutes drive to Taratola).
This ashram is a holistic center. It serves as the Regional Head Quarters of the Math for the state of West Bengal. It comprises of an Amrita Vidyalayam and a Brahmasthanam Temple. This center also consists of a large prayer hall, Amrita Bhavanam, offices, and a very large indoor shed, in its immediate vicinity which is proposed to be used as the sports complex for the students of Amrita Vidyalayam. Recently this large shed was used to prefabricate 250 houses for the Tsunami rehabilitation project at Andaman Island on the request of Government of India, CPWD Department.
Various activities are carried out at the ashram with utmost dedication and sincerity. On Sunday evenings, devotees religiously congregate for Satsang, Bhajans and Dhyan. Here is a snapshot of our ashram’s activities:
- Brahmasthanam Temple: Timings 5.30AM – 11AM & 5 PM – 8.00PM
- Regular Yoga Classes, Satsang, Meditation & Bhajans: Every Sunday from 4.30 PM – 7.00 PM
- Annadanam: Done on the first Sunday after 10th of Every Month
- Karthika Puja/ Bagavathy Puja: Performed on Karthika Star Days from 6.30 PM
- Celebration of all major Religious Festivals
- Regular FREE Medical Camps
- Distribution of Pension to Destitute women
- Distribution of Warm Clothes during winter
- Scholarships for needy students
- Construction of FREE houses for the poor and needy in Kolkata
We have provided detailed information on some of the spiritual activities conducted at Amma’s Kolkata Ashram. Please visit the following links to enhance your knowledge:
Here are some great articles giving personal glimpses about Amma from Her disciples and devotees.
You may see the ashram’s photos by clicking this link.